Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Mystery Part Five

I was quite slow getting to this week's mystery units. But eventually I could spend some time with them. This week was more flying geese. I did them by the "no waste" four-at-a-time method, although I did waste a bit of fabric as I cut them a little large and trimmed them down.

Last night I got them to this stage:
And today I finished them off:

By my calculations we have now made about 72% of the total area of the quilt, so there is still a way to go.

Linked to the Week 5 link-up at Quiltville here.

8 comments:

Cherry said...

You have amazing neutrals! Particularly like the typewriter keys.

Terry H. said...

Thanks for visiting my page. Had to come see yours. The four at a time method is one I am going to try. I prefer to sliver trim than end up too small. And I'm glad you calculated the how far we've come. Makes me happy to know there will be more parts. Terry, Joyfully Pieced

WiltedQuilter said...

Your four-at-a-time method sounds interesting. Is it faster?

Jeanette said...

A much better way to go, and you have kept them very scrappy.

Pamela said...

This does look mysterious.

Maria said...

WOW! you got all of clue 5 done... great job....

jacaranda said...

I like the scrappy effect. 5 weeks have gone so fast.

gayle said...

Well done!
I always tell myself I'm going to try that four-at-a-time method the next time I need stacks of flying geese, then I always forget and reach for my easy and companion angle rulers. Next time for sure!