Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Blossom and Leaves

Nectarine blossom:
Apple blossom:

Almost every day lately I have walked around the block, checking each of the newly-planted trees for signs of life. Today I was happy to find tiny leaves on three of the crepe myrtles:
These three are all new purchases, which have had swelling buds for the last month or so. But there are two others which came with us from the city, and they have been slower to get going. I've been a bit worried about them, but today I could see that on each of them the buds are finally starting to grow:
Phew! That means they all made it through winter.

1 comment:

Feathers in my Nest said...

Such beautiful flowers, Love the nectarine one. Wonderful they all survived your winter. That's always exciting to see them bud out..wondering if they are fast growers. I've never had a fruit tree.
Hugs, Debra.