Friday, July 15, 2016

Things in Trees

A pair of wedge-tailed eagles surveying the world from the top of a dead pine tree near Buninyong a couple of days ago:

Earlier this week we had some very windy weather. We knew that down our block a tree or large branch had come down, but I forgot to go looking for it until yesterday:
It is balancing on smaller branches of a couple of other trees. I won't be walking under there while that's up in the air!

For the last couple of days there have been fresh koala droppings under two or three trees down the block. I've spent a bit of time wandering around looking up trying to find the koala, but it has eluded me so far. I wondered about the dark patch in the middle of this photo for a while:
But it is actually a large nest. It will be interesting to keep an eye on it and see who owns it.

No comments: