Saturday, March 2, 2013

Scatterday - I

This week's scatterday letter is:

And our categories are money, tools, metal, and inchies from the sewing room.

Money:
Indian rupees. After searching through multiple pieces of luggage, this is all I could find. A 10-rupee note and a 1-rupee coin, together worth approximately 20 cents Australian at current exchange rates.


Tools:
Irwin brand tools at the hardware store.


Metal:
Iron dog in the garden.


Inchies in my sewing room:
I don't do inch-things in my sewing room (if I can possibly avoid it), so here's a selection of metric quilting rulers. I haven't used inches since Australia went metric when I was at school 40 years ago. However, when I drink a cuppa at my machine I use this coaster, which a friend made for me using 1-inch squares.
So there is something like an inchie in my sewing room after all.

See everyone else's "I" finds via the links on Cinzia's blog here.

9 comments:

mitchez2013 said...

Hi, Vireya! The animal design on the rupee could make a dramatic quilt. I love 'iron dog'. Is he one of your creations? I'm with you on the inch thingies .... Pesky! How are your seedlings going?

Joy V said...

Love the 'iron dog' - and how lucky to be able to use something that a friend has made. I always love that.

jacaranda said...

Very clever finding the Irwin tools, I looked at Bunnings but didn't come up with anything. Great ideas. I am loving this challenge.

Jenny said...

I don't do inchies either, and you are lucky to have such a nice little gift. Love the iron dog too.

Liz Needle said...

The Irwin tools was a clever find. Love your 'I's.

Birdydownunder said...

Very clever ideas..... maybe we should live closer you with your metic and me with imperial lol umm I think it probably shows our age difference.

Sue said...

Love your iron dog. I try not to do inchies either unless I really have to. I do love looking at them though.

Ozjane said...

Another great collection and you reminded me of another inchy quilt I have somewhere in this disarray.

cinzia said...

I love your iron dog and it is nice to know there is some else as rich as myself in this world...actually in truth I think your 10 rupees is worth more than my umpteen trillion