Saturday, April 14, 2012

I Went Shopping

It was a beautiful day, so I went for a walk to the shops. Well, one shop in particular (10.9km round trip). Along the way I admired gardens, found streets I'd never walked along before, and even discovered businesses, such as a beekeeping supplier.
The haul? 3m wool/poly wadding, 5 spools of variegated quilting thread, 3.1m fabric, 7 fat quarters (lots of greens for a particular project), 1 remnant bit. Total bill: $21.70, thanks to a combination of a gift voucher I've been saving up since Christmas, and the GJ's 25%-off sale! And because I walked both ways, there is no transport cost to add.

Hope you had a wonderful Saturday, too.

3 comments:

Chiara Z said...

Funnily enough I ended up at that shop today too. Glad you got such a good haul:)

Nikki said...

What a lovely day for a walk... and such a great shopping haul to boot. Sounds like a day well spent!

kaiteM said...

a splendid walk except that you then needed a trolley to bring home all the loot, lol.