Thursday, December 1, 2011

Summer Already

Fortunately the first day of summer wasn't too hot to be in the sewing room, or in the garden.

On Tuesday while I was sewing, I noticed that a bird has built a rather insubstantial-looking nest in one of my callistemons. Today she wasn't sitting in it, so I took the opportunity to snap a picture:
I don't know if she has abandoned the nest, or if I just didn't happen to look up at a time when she was there today. It's another non-native bird, I'm afraid. This time it's an Indian import, the Spotted Dove (Spilopelia chinensis).

I made a second trial bodice, lengthening it and changing the shaping. This photo gives absolutely no indication of how it fits, with the wacky fabric and the dummy who is a different shape to me. The photo is only here to show that I did actually do something!
I don't know whether to play with the shaping more or not. I'm not totally happy with it, but I'm not sure of the best way to tackle the bits I don't like.

2 comments:

Terry said...

I worried about the nest of magpie larks in our tree. I didn't see any activity this afternoon but both adults were back this evening.

Good luck with the dress

kaiteM said...

so you are showing photos of 2 half-made objects. maybe the nest was also just to show that they were actually doing something also :)
enjoy your weekend.