Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Ballarat Again

This time by train.
It is a pleasant journey. If you travel out of Melbourne in the morning, and come back in the afternoon, the trains have very few passengers.

My mother looks much better than she did on Sunday, but she is confused. We don't know if this is just due to the shock, the pain, the pain relief, the anaesthetic, the unfamiliar environment... In other words, she has a lot of physical and emotional reasons to be confused, but tests haven't shown any medical ones. However, only time will tell if she gets back to her old self.

3 comments:

kaiteM said...

I'm pleased to read that she is looking better, but it is normal for her to be confused at the moment, for all the above reasons, even her usual medication could be changed by the hospital - they do that for some reason.
A few days and she will start to be herself again.

Vireya said...

Thanks, Kaite. I spoke to her on the phone last night, and she did sound much better. I'm going back to Ballarat again on Friday, so I'll see how she is then.

kaiteM said...

Good news. My Mum said "please keep us posted".