Thursday, April 14, 2011

Souvenirs of AQC

This afternoon I headed into town to go to the Australasian Quilt Convention. Here are my souvenirs of the visit:
  • Souvenir pin - tick!
  • Map of the layout of the show - No - they had run out by the middle of the first day??
  • Kit to make a cute little Japanese purse - I was interested in doing the workshop, but apparently that books out in 5 minutes at the beginning of the day. The price of the kit was the same as the workshop, (although it includes No Batting) so I bought that instead.
  • St John cold pack and bandage - was not in my plans! 
On my way in to the show, I somehow pulled a muscle in my calf which severely affected my ability to walk.  A friend saw me hobbling around, and got me some first-aid attention.  But that was the end of my visit - I was wheel-chaired to the entrance, where some other friends collected me and saw me home. While I was waiting for them, a lady handed me the Quilt Show Tote pattern.

So it was not quite the afternoon I had planned, but thanks to everyone who helped!

3 comments:

Chiara Z said...

Oh, souvenirs, first aid, and no chance to look around and play! That doesn't sound like a happy way to visit the quilt show.

jacaranda said...

Pleased you made it home ok. There is always next year, and just think of the money you saved to spend at Jeff's Shed. Take Care.

CurlyPops said...

Ouch! That's not exactly the lovely outing you were planning. Hope you're ok!